Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mom's The Word - A Few Words to My Daughters on Mother's Day


Let me begin by saying how beyond grateful I am to have two healthy, intelligent, sensitive, and beautiful daughters.  There is not a day that goes by where I don't feel blessed to have brought you both into this world.  In your own unique way, you each provide me with superhuman strength and you inspire me to be the best mother possible.  You girls are my best friends, my confidants, my spirit-lifters and my co-conspirators.

I get excited at the thought of sharing new things with you whether it's how to make my famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, taking you to a museum to soak up some culture or introducing you to a classic song I grew up on from the seventies. I love spending time with you, hearing about your day at school or working through a particular problem you are having with friends.

I want you to know that I am your biggest cheerleader. I will always be standing on the sidelines jumping up with pom poms in my hands proudly clapping and hopefully motivating you to give it your all.  I may also have a few choice words of critique to offer, but that is only to make you stronger and more resilient.

As you both have officially embarked on your teenage years, I am filled with delight watching you grow into young ladies.  I will always encourage you to follow your passion, embrace the joy in hard work, and do everything in my power to set you on a path to achieve your goals.

I haven't the faintest idea of what you have in store for me this Mother's Day, but I would love to take the day off and enjoy the company of my family without having to nag and nudge. As much as I wish you were able to read my mind, I thought it might be easier to put my wish list in writing while you lay sleeping.  Here's what would make this Mother's Day awesome!

  • Wake up with a smile.
  • Offer me coffee in bed.
  • Take a walk with me at the beach.
  • Go to the Farmers Market together.
  • Take care of your dad.
  • Plan a nice day.
  • Create a special meal.
  • Tell me how much you love me.
  • Flatter me with kind words.
  • Share stories that make us all laugh wildly.
  • Shower me with hugs and kisses. 

I'm in bed waiting...
Love,
Mom
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment