Best Manners List 2009
1. Taylor Swift. Rather than let the ridiculously rude Kayne West steal her big moment, the teenage beauty acted with grace and poise when Kayne jumped the stage, grabbed her mike and interrupted her acceptance speech.
3. The Queen of England. For always maintaining dignity, elegance and charm with everyone from the President and the First Lady to Lady GaGa.
8. Electronics Company LG. - For getting teens to think twice before they text. The electronics company created a marketing campaign of humorous sketches featuring teens and bad mobile manners such as sending racy pics, bullying and spreading rumors all of which can be viewed on YouTube and Facebook.
2. Serena Williams. For extremely bad sportsmanship at the U.S. Open. Maybe John McEnroe can get away with it, but a woman must always maintain her composure in public. No matter how she felt, Serena should have never spewed such profanity at the line judge. All it did was tarnish her reputation as a talented athlete and diminish her stance as a role model for young girls.
3. Congressman Joe Wilson. For exemplifying blatant disrespect and heckling the President during his health care speech. Congressman Wilson let his emotions get the best of him and his outburst cost him considerably. He wound up having to apologize profusely and do major damage control.
5. Tiger Woods. For infidelity and avoiding responsibility with a series of lies. After years of playing golf, a sport known for its decorum and manners, it’s amazing that Tiger would lose all sense of composure in his personal life. He has not only made a disgrace of himself with his family, but he has forever stained his character in the eyes of the public.
7. Ivana Trump. For being belligerent towards children and flight crew. On a plane departing Palm Beach just after Christmas, Ivana Trump was physically removed from a Delta Airlines commercial jet bound for New York. Apparently, she was unhappy with her seat and frustrated by some children who were running up and down the aisle. I have two words for her, private jet!!
8. Elizabeth Lambert. For ferocious play. The New Mexico women's soccer player was suspended indefinitely for committing a series of excessively rough plays, including yanking a BYU forward to the ground by her ponytail. I know that soccer can be an aggressive game, but I don't believe hair pulling is in the soccer rule book.
10. Christian Bale. For yelling at a crew member on the new Terminator movie set. The actor went ballistic and delivered a series of rants against the director of photography who had accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Perhaps anger management courses should be in his list of resolutions for the New Year.